Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday Surprise

This afternoon Haylen was sitting in her swing while I was reading her The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  Both of us were perfectly content reading when the doorbell rang.  The first thought that popped into my mind, quite frankly, it more than likely came out of my mouth too, was "Oh shit!!!"  I know what you're thinking, "My goodness why is she cussing in front of her child!"  Well for one, she can't exactly understand what I'm saying right now, and if she could she won't be repeating it anytime soon.  And two, I was sitting in the comfort of my home reading to my child still wearing my pajamas (a very large t-shirt) complete with spit-up and all.  Don't judge, I'm on maternity leave and I was doing housework, both of which do not require decent clothes, make-up, or shorts!  I couldn't answer the door looking like this!!!  But, I couldn't run to another room and pretend I wasn't home either (our door has a window in it...I would have been noticed).  While I was contemplating my options, the dude at the door walks off.  Luckily, it was only the UPS man.  He rang the doorbell to let us know he had dropped off a package and was gone.  Crisis averted!!!

After the initial scare, I was really excited to get a package.  It's not everyday we get packages dropped off at our front door.  When I opened the box, I thought "WOW, now that's a LOT of packing peanuts!"


 After further digging, I pulled out these two boxes...


 And what I found inside was so sweet.  Aunt Vicki had sent Haylen a little Gymboree outfit and a Scentsy Buddy!  Take a look.  How cute is that!?!


Haylen is going to look adorable in that outfit and that little piggy is going to go perfect in her room, not to mention, it's going to make her room smell so good!

While the doorbell ringing about scared me to death, opening the door to such a thoughtful gift made my afternoon (and inspired me to put shorts on)!  Thanks Aunt Vicki for such a sweet surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment