Sunday, January 30, 2011

Look at That View!


We found it!  After a FULL day of searching, we found the perfect location for our wedding!  I've always loved the idea of a beach wedding.  To me, there is just something about the sand, the surf, and the sound of the waves crashing on the shore.  Maybe, that's because I grew up going to the beach every summer.  Maybe, the water just holds a special place in my heart. Well, whatever it is, the idea is now a reality.  The location is booked and now all I have to do is get everything in order.

Most girls dream about planning their wedding.  Most girls have their ideas of every portion of that day planned to the T, even before the love of their life pops the question.  Most girls just "know" what they want for that magical day.  Well...I've found out that I am NOT most girls!  I knew TWO things...I liked the idea of getting married on the beach and I knew who I wanted to officiate the wedding.  Check and check!  Beyond those two things, I've found that I am CLUELESS!  Really, what else do we need?!?  Well, according to everyone else, lots more!  I feel like I'm constantly being bombarded to answer questions about things that I haven't even thought about (or even care about).  By nature I'm a pretty laid back kind of gal, so I refuse to get in a tizzy about "my wedding cake" and a "champagne toast."  (quite frankly, I probably won't have either!)  Honestly, the more I think about it, I do NOT want a traditional, stuffy, what everyone else had kind of wedding.  I want to do things OUR way!  Simple, laid back, and stress-free!

My fiancée and I have always done things OUR way which has always worked wonderfully for us.  Quite frankly, that's what I cherish most about our relationship.  It's what makes us, well, us.  So, why stop now!?!  Well, apparently, planning a wedding seems to be throwing out a few reasons.  Sometimes, I think it would be easier to just give in (that, or just elope!).  Does the guest list really need to be that stressful?!?

Seriously, I love where I'm getting married, but what am I getting into with planning this wedding!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment