Monday, June 9, 2014

Haylenisms

Haylen’s caterpillar, Heimlich, finally became a beautiful butterfly.  When we were outside going to release him, Haylen says, “It’s Heimlich’s birthday!”  CJ and I both chuckled when she said this.  She looked at us both and replied quite seriously, “Well it is.”
2014-06-01 06.45.33

CJ and I were discussing what to make (key word MAKE) for breakfast on our first day of summer vacation.  I suggested oatmeal.  Haylen quickly gets excited and says, “Yes!  From Starbucks!  Mommy, I need my own.”  Oh. My.  This kid and Starbucks…not only does she like their drinks, she likes their food too. 

Driving down the road we approach a traffic light that has just turned red.  From the back seat we hear, “Daddy!   Slow down!  Red means STOP!!!”  We might have a backseat driver on our hands. 

Haylen:  “Daddy, let’s go night, night!” 
Daddy:  “Do you want Daddy to sing you a lullaby?” (Daddy starts singing…)
Haylen:  “No Daddy.  No singing in the bed.  Your singing scares me.”

“Mommy!  I made an H!  Line, line, cross in the middle!”
2014-06-05 19.48.49

Haylen had been watching TV in the bedroom.  She comes into the living room where she tells us, “Need to put pajamas on.  It’s almost bedtime.  It’s getting dark.”  She then turns around and goes back to the bedroom.  Several minutes later she comes busting into the living room pointing her little finger at us and says, “Hey.  Four minutes ‘til bedtime,” and then proceeds to show us her four fingers, “Four minutes.”

Haylen was in the bathroom standing in front of the countertops.  She points to the drawer directly under the sink and says, “Fake drawer,” and then points to the drawer in the middle and says, “Real drawer.”  She and I had talked about the drawers before, so I let her know she is right and then told her, “This is a real drawer because it opens.  This one is fake because is doesn’t open.”  Then the teacher in me comes out and I can’t help but ask her a little comprehension question, “What makes that a fake drawer?”  Without skipping a beat she leans in, puts her little pointer finger up in the air like she has just had a major “aha moment,” and whispers to me with confidence, “Pirates!”  Not exactly the answer I was looking for…I was going for it doesn’t open…but by golly it was hilarious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment