Sunday, June 8, 2014

You Are My Sunshine 2nd Birthday Party

Party planning is something I really enjoy.  For Haylen’s 2nd birthday I wanted to come up with something really cute.  To be completely honest, I found my inspiration at Baby Gap this year.  Yup.  I found this yellow eyelet dress, fell in love, and the theme was set…You Are My Sunshine.  I used yellow with grey accents and was able to incorporate my favorite, chevron patterns. 

IMG_8811_edited-2

Here are a few pictures from the party.  Enjoy!

IMG_3185_edited-1Here is our little sweet station…yellow rock candy, lemon lollipops, lemon drops, sugar cookies (made and decorated by me), and her cupcakes from Cupcakes Couture.  I used grey chevron fabric as a backdrop and made the yellow burlap banner with her name to top it all off.

IMG_3196_edited-1

IMG_3194_edited-1

IMG_3197_edited-1

IMG_3188_edited-1We got two Chick-fil-a party trays, one with chicken nuggets and one with fruit for the kiddos, and for the adults we picked up Snow’s BBQ. 

IMG_3173_edited-1I made all the printables with lyrics from “You Are My Sunshine” on Powerpoint and just put them in white frames.  I was super happy with how they turned out!

IMG_3255_edited-1 Sugar cookies for party favors. 

IMG_3181_edited-1Another burlap banner I made to decorate our fireplace.

IMG_3742_edited-1

All in all, I loved how it all came together.  It was perfect for our sweet little birthday girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment